Interesting IPL facts that you probably missed as a cricket fan. IPL stands for Indian Premier League is in its 8th season. The tournament completes 500 matches. As far as the facts go, here are a few interesting facts about IPL that which are interesting.
- Sarfaraz Khan was around 10 years old when IPL started. At present he’s 17
- Parthiv Patel has well played for 6 Different franchises. The most by any player.
- Adam Gilchrist has the top bowling figures in IPL. In his last IPL match he bowled just one ball as well as took the wicket of Harbhajan Singh.
- Yusuf Pathan and Rohit Sharma are the only two players who have succeed the IPL Trophy three times, the most by any player in the group.
- Chennai Super Kings is the only IPL franchise that has not changed its skipper as beginning. Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been the captain of the side since 2008. Following Chennai’s suspension for two years, he is now the captain of Rising Pune Supergiant.
- Suresh Raina is the only player to play all the matches played by a franchise. He has also scored most runs in Indian Premier League – 3909 runs in 139 matches.
- Yusuf Pathan has been a part of the winning team in the IPL for a maximum three times. In 2008, he played for Rajasthan Royals and in 2012, 2014 he played for the winner Kolkata Knight Riders.
- In the fourth season of IPL, Lasith Malinga scalped 28 wickets in 16 matches – maximum by any bowler in a season.
- Manish Pandey and Robin Uthappa both have played for 4 different IPL teams. But astonishingly, they both have been in the same team for all the nine seasons.