Interesting Kanye West facts you probably have not heard about. Kanye West is active in the music world from 1996. He is one of the most influential & impactful hip hop singers ever. Here is a list of the top facts about the musical genius, Kanye West
Most Interesting Kanye West Facts:
- His full name is Kanye Omari West.
- While driving home in 2002, he had a bad car accident. He almost died, sustaining very bad injuries.
- During his recovery in the hospital, he continued to produce music using an electronic drum kit and other equipment.
- His song Hey Mama was dedicated to his mother, who died in 2007 after complications with plastic surgery. She was an English Professor.
- Kanye’s album The College Dropout was aptly named after he dropped out of Chicago State University.
- Some of his nicknames included “The Louis Vuitton Don” and “Yeezy”.
- GQ awarded Kanye West the title of International Man of the Year in 2007.
- Kanye West married with model and actress Kim Kardashian on 24th May 2014.
- It is estimated that Kanye West is worth around $120 million!
- He has won a total of 21 Grammys and 112 music awards in general.
- The College Dropout’ and ‘Late Registration’ were the albums which won him the most awards.
- His fashion sense has gained much attention around the world. Michael Jackson phoned him once to ask about a jacket he had dress up while filming the music video for ‘Stronger’.
- Kanye is the sixth most popular digital artist. He has a grand total of 30 million downloads within America as of January 2016.
- Perhaps surprisingly, Kanye’s favourite band is a group of indie artists from Glasgow, better known as Franz Ferdinand.
- Billboard ranked him 3rd on the list of producers from the decade in 2010.